Lion, I have never cried so much in my life for a movie.
Leon, the kid that want to see your family after 25 years
“A five-year-old Indian boy gets lost on the streets of Calcutta, thousands of kilometers from home. He survives many challenges before being adopted by a couple in Australia; 25 years later, he sets out to find his lost family.”
Leon is a movie that makesome indians proud and others not, but the reality is that this movie will touch your heart and think about the problems in India, pooverty, childs vs a well country like Australia and how they can give some opportunities to some kids and change their life.
This are some opionios about the movie, watch and let us know what do you think about it.
- i am an indian and i am going to watch this movie and i also want to recommend this movie to my fellow indians. this film in no way stereotypes india as poor full of slums country instead it depicts the real life of saroo brierley.
- Dude i am an indian and i think that this film did not depict anything wrong about our country it has shown the slum life of poor people living in india also it’s not like that every western movie shows india as stereotypical poor country full of slums there are movies like the jungle book,million dollar arms,the man who knew infinity,best exotic marigold hotel which has shown india without any of these stereotypes instead of trying to accuse westerners we should try to improve the living conditions of poor in our country.
- This movie is propaganda, made to appease western guilt. Your British forefathers, pillaged India dry. Over 4 million Indians died at the hands of the British. Why does Hollywood personally go out its way to falsely depict us as poor needy people all the time? If that’s the case, than go make a movie of India’s colonial past. Or one about the Bengal Famine. Never gonna happen is it?As that would mean depicting Caucasians negatively.
- OKAY OKAY LISTEN!!!!! The trailer is like nothing compared to the actual movie. Ive never cried so hard. and the ending kicks u in the gut so many times.
- Omg same, i have never cried so much in my life for a movie. It made me so emotional, i have always been thinking about people that lives like this, poor, epecially children but now i think about it all the time and it makes me cry so much 😭
- “why don’t people talk about poverty in USA, CHINA, UK, AUSTRALIA. In US over 50 million people live below poverty line, in china over 83 million people, in Australia 13.9 % people live in poverty against 12.4% of India, in UK more than 33% people have lived in poverty, in California poverty rate is over 20%. Why don’t people talk about poverty in those countries because Hollywood rarely shows poverty of those countries..or hide there poverty behind there mega cities. India is shown as a poor country in Hollywood, foreign media and world is unaware of transforming India. India was made poor by Britishers. From decades before Britishers came India was known as ‘Golden Bird’. They looted India, not just Britishers but several emperor’s looted India and made there empire wealthy, even Britain’s economy is made on India’s wealth.