22 Jun The magic power called SPIRULINA
For those who are not familiar with this magic algae plenty of powerful nutrients, I will show you some great facts that can make you change your daily diet.
Spirulina is a natural blue green algae that can be found commercially in powder or pills.
“It is produce in more than 22 countries and used in over 77 countries”.
As it is full of nutrients and vitamins, in 1970 the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM) promoted as a nutritional supplement for countries suffering from hunger.
Advantages for Human Health
- Detoxes Heavy metals (Especially Arsenic)
- Helps lowering blood pressure
- Reduces cholesterol
- Helps losing weight
- Protects liver
- Prevents and decreases symptoms of cancer, fibromyalgia, hay fever, herpes infection, hives and HIV infection
- Contains plenty of protein, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
Advantages for the Environment
- Does not use herbicides, pesticides or any other toxins.
- Is a huge oxygen producer.
- Does not need fertile land for cultivation and therefore conserves fertile land and soil which can be a solution to deforestation.
- Requires less energy and less water input per kilo than soy, corn, or bovine protein.
As Spirulina comes from water, make sure to buy one that is organic and grown under safe conditions.
Consult a doctor to make sure you are taking the right dose in case you have any health condition.
“For WHO, Spirulina represents an interesting food for multiple reasons, rich in iron and protein, and is able to be administered to children without any risk. We at WHO consider it a very suitable food”
– United Nations World Health Organization (WHO), Geneva, Switzerland June 8th, 1993
As the benefits are so many, start including Spirulina today in your daily diet and feel the great benefits in your body while contributing with the environment.
IIMSAM Spirulina Resource Centre